Sunday 15 September 2013

Conserved clouds

We are almost brought up to dislike autumn. To wish for the eternal summer. Because summer means holidays, fun, beach, laziness, whereas autumn means going back to school/work, getting organised again, wearing proper footwear.
For several years now, my holiday is during the Indian summer - last days of August and first days of September, my kind of summer. Slightly cooler, yet still warm, slow paced.
Today I am curled up with a great big mug of warm drink, watching English murder mysteries. And I don't mind really. Maybe a bit reluctant to return to work, but it will be just fine. This summer has been good, hectic and calm, busy and lazy. I will always have the feeling of soft, dewy grass under my feet, the silence of fading sunsets and distant turmoil of city nightlife. Indian summer continues, I will just have to find some proper footwear and get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment