Monday 20 January 2014

31...

So, this day came and went by, as all the other frosty January days. When every breath tingles and sunbeams cut through the crisp and absolutely blue winter sky. Then the evening rolls around and suddenly you are 31. Just like that. I don't even know if I managed to get used to 30, you know, the big three-oooh-nooo. And let me tell you, it is not what they say it will be. It is much more liberating, scary, breathtaking and mundane than any women's magazine can describe, and yet - it is only a number. Which is supposed to make it less significant - oh, darling, it is just a number - but in our structured, number driven life, numbers do matter. To an extent. Numbers should help our life, not overtake it. Anyway, until next January, I am stuck with 31, a beautiful number that brings the right amount of structure and hopefully will become a trusty companion in all my great adventures of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment